How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Friday, July 29, 2005

Ice cold Summer rain

A while ago, I got taken in by the stupid free ipods trend. I used a credit card to sign up for this dvd rental thing, didn't rent anything, and when they still hadn't validated my account after ages, got fed up and cancelled the membership. Well, they appear to have validated it now, quite a while after I gave up on the whole thing. So the easy part's over, right? WRONG. Who is going to get 5 people to sign up for a stupid offer that they're never going to use just to help someone else out? I wouldn't. And seeing as none of my friends are paticularly gullible and/or owe me favours, I think I'm stuck.

Just to clarify-don't be stupid and sign up for this. It's stupid. Really. Totally and utterly pointless.

However, if you feel like being a rebel and not following my advice, be helpful, and use this link to sign up.

Don't say I didn't warn you! (and I know sneakily placing those links in there was pretty shameless, even by my standards :P).

So that was today's rather pathetic rant, but seeing as free ipods aren't really causing me any pain, I didn't need to go on and on (and on, and on). In other news, the weather really has been crap.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(click to enlarge)


If you live in London and recognise where that photo was taken, go you!! Yes, that's right, it's crap central, home of 1001 kebab shops. The photo quality, however, is not. Pretty good for a mobile phone camera, don't you think?

I hope you're all enjoying Summer, and sorry that I haven't really been blogging as much as I promised I would.


3 Comments:

  • At 6:30 pm, Blogger Ukatoton said…

    There's a much simpler way of getting an iPod. Put a pound a day in something, or throw them in a pile, after a year, you can buy one, when they are cheaper. I've currently got £7, so there's still a fair while to go.

    And yes, british weather sucks, but there's nothing you can do about that. It's designed to suck just when people don't wwant it to, so it constantly does.

    If it rains, try going on b3ta, or some other such funy site to keep your mind of it.

     
  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger Emlyn said…

    Wow. The weather _does_ suck back in London. It's wonderful here in Canada. Heh. Heh heh! bwa hah hah! Man, coming home is awesome.

    By the way, where's the home of a 1000 kebab shops--I mean, other than every other street in London? I don't recognize the street, is it Islington-ish?

     
  • At 12:27 pm, Blogger Miss Waffle said…

    I already have a zen micro MP3 player, which is pretty good, apart from the rubbish battery life. I'm just one of those people who likes getting free things just for the sake of it. I have pretty much given up on the free ipods thing now :P

    And you....damn you bragging about Canadian weather!!!! Actually, it's quite good here today, but that's beside the point. Stop it!!

    Yeah, the street is in Islington, but basically on the border of Islington and Hackney. If you locate HFS, go to the Barn, and go straight down the road (in the opposite direction to Highbury Gove) you are on that road.

    Know it yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home