How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Friday, June 10, 2005

"My mother never did see the irony in calling me a son of a bitch."

The above quote rules. It just makes me wish I was a boy with an abusive mother, and then I could get her to call me a son of a bitch, and laugh for hours on end about how stupid she is.

I had my last English exam today, and hopefully the last exam I will have to write madly in. For one of the sections I had to write an informative letter about what changes could be made to my school...wasn't hard really. Infact, I could have gone on for ever. My wrist feels strained, and I've decided that it's the perfect time to update my blog. I must be mad.

Not much has really been going on in my life, apart from exams and revision and staying later than good for me to get my daily television intake. So no evenings being spent drinking however much alcohol like (probably) most of my readers. That I know of, anyway.

So that's it really. What a crap entry, I can't think of anything else to write. I think I need to make the start of my blog posts a bit better. Usually each one is like "wow, havn't written in so long" or "hmm, here I am, writing my blog" or "news just in, I have 2 eyes". Whatever, it's so boring. I've done 4 months of blogging though, and have managed not to let my blog go on a life support machine during a lengthy period of absence. Yay me. My first entry was so spot on though, I love it. I really DO re-read my stuff and remember past mood swings.

Oh no, actually!! I thought of something that really ticks me off. Someone who is reading this, please tell me what is wrong with this sentence:
"Wow, you're from England? I love British accents."
English is NOT the same as British-get it right people.
So here's a little geography lesson. Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales. The UK is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The British Isles consist of GB (see above), Ireland and numerous small islands now.
A British accent can be any English, Scottish or Welsh accent, ie. places in GREAT BRITAIN. If you mean a British accent, that's fine, but most people mean English, and say British. People sometimes refer to "British English" as just accents and dialects from England (as explained in this webpage), and technically, this is wrong. If you do this, please take note of what I'm saying. It's annoying. If you really love "Brit" accents so much, take time to actually realise what they are.

Rrrrrrrrant OVAH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home