How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Cornwall minus the pasties

I'm desperatley trying to think of a way to make this blog entry entertaining to read....I am just SO bad at talking about what I've been doing without making it sound really boring and like an itinerary.

So on Friday evening, I went down to Cornwall for my cousins's 18th birthday. Unfortunatley I can't write a load of stuff about how we went to the beach and it was spectactularly beautiful, because it rained most of the day on Saturday. I spent a large amount of time wedged between family members on the sofa, watching Wimbledon (which I hate) because there was nothing much to do. There was a barbeque and a party in the evening, which was nice, plus it didn't rain any more. I know this has already gone down the boring route and I'm already making it sound like I had a terrible time, but really it was quite fun-I enjoy spending time with my cousins and it was nice to get out of London, if only for a weekend.

Saturday night was both bad and good. We had been kicked out of Anna's (my cousin) room to make space for other "older" relatives, so had to sleep in her sisters bedroom on these god awful materesses which were...well, undescribably horrible. The kind that look reasonably ok until you lay down and there's a spring poking you in the neck which could burst through the material at any moment. Everyone was up semi-late (around 1:30) and after that I was the only one awake-I really could not get to sleep on this horrible torture instrument and at one point I actually tried to sleep on the floor, but there wasn't enough room. Know what time I was up until? 6:20am. By that time I was actually quite looking forward to going downstairs for breakfast after staying up all night, but then I finally went to sleep, which was a bit of a let down, and then got up at 9am. 2 hours 40 mins sleep :( It was worse.

Well there we go, I've broken an unwritten rule and gone into a bit of detail about what I've been doing. I'm really at a loss as to what I should blog about...has anyone got suggestions? Constuctive criticism? Money? Anything?

Comments about what you'd like to hear about would be appreciated :D

Oh yeah, edit: I opened up a photoblog!! There's not much in there at the moment, but more to come. Go, now.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:36 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, that might be a step in the right direction, this post was rather entertaining :-) (yes, it woke up that spark of sadistic humor buried in my personality :-P). Still, I think it's a good choice to write about what you did as well. In the end thoughts and events are connected, having one without the other would be somewhat incomplete.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home