How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mmm, thorax

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

How amazing is that cake? If I was throwing a Halloween party, I would definitely want something like that as my centrepiece. The method does look really long and tedious, especially making the rib cage, but I'm sure feasting on a spongy 'liver' would make it all worth it in the end.

As it happens, I (hopefully) will be going to a Halloween party this year...hopefully, because my friend's not so great organisational skills could cause the whole thing not to happen. It's been years since I last did anything for Halloween, so I have no idea what I should dress up as. Preferably something that is inexpensive, won't stain my face, and doesn't involve net tutus. Any ideas? I actually have virtually no experience with all things halloweenish. My parents never let me go trick or treating when I was little because it was "unsafe", which I thought was the most terribly unfair parental mistake. I'll be sure to blame them when I go mental because I never got the opportunity to run about in a witches hat collecting enough sweets to rot all my milk teeth. The only other time I went trick or treating was with my friends, when we were a bit older. It rained and was a total disaster.

Having said that, I guess the area I live in isn't the most ideal spot to go around knocking on people's doors in the dark. A few years back, a gang of teenage boys accosted my brother and the rest of the kids he was with, and they ended up on the pavement minus one huge basket of sweets.

Something a bit more jolly now-HALF TERM! One more day of school and then the longest term of the year can be crossed off the calendar. It's all uphill from here. Apart for exams, and coursework, and more assessed practicals in biology which are bound to go wrong. Plus the fact that it's going to be so bloody freezing in a few weeks that my feet will be 2 shoe sizes bigger due to multiple pairs of socks.

Despite this horrible, bleak Novemberness we have to endure during the run up to Christmas, I can't help but wonder why extra long tinsel curled round lampposts started to appear in Edmonton Green a week ago. Is Halloween being skipped all together this year? Screw tinsel; let's get some glowing bats up there. As tacky as that may sound, I'm sure the future of our society depends on it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home