How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sniffles

It's only September, but I'm already shivering. My eyes feel like the retinas are being pushed out from the inside. This morning I've had to drag myself out of bed and shove several things down my throat-zinc tablets, vitamin C, lemon juice, kiwi fruit. This is the first time I've actually written a blog entry down on paper because I'm so Goddamn BORED, after being up since 7am and unable to get back to sleep.

The funny thing is though, my immune system just appears to break down the minute Friday rolls around. I'm not joking...for the past 3 weekends, I've had this foul cough/cold combo, which runs out of steam by Monday and after the week is up, has gathered enough energy to rear its ugly head again. In a way, I guess it's "lucky" that I've not had to get up early and face school with a tissue attached to my nose, but the ideal thing would be not to have the stupid cold at all! I wanted to go out today. Arrrrghhhhh!!!

Now I'm gazing around my room to try and think about what to write. There's a CD rack, and I want to pick one off there and stick it in the stereo without getting out of bed, Matilda style. Yesterday, I listened to the first CD I ever bought. It was "Witch Doctor"-that really annoying "ooh ee ooh ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang" thing (It was 1999, OK?!) sung by people in ridiculous costumes. My friend and I both loved that song. I never had it in me to play frisbee in the garden with it until it eventually met its end by colliding with a wall.

The book I'm reading at present is sitting next to me..."Haunted" by Chuck Palahnuik, the guy who wrote Fight Club (which I only know by reading the book list on the second page). It's pretty gruesome and very twisted. I should link to one of the stories which I found on some webpage. One of the most horrible in my opinion, it's called "Guts".

I have no idea how this is going to look typed up. Probably too short, with way too many paragraphs. Oh well. I kept getting distracted and having to stop and pull out another tissue to wedge under my nose. Seriously, the only good thing about the annual September/October temperature drop is being able to wear scarves. Which RULE!

Note from the present day:
Wow, that's weird. I was right, the paragraphs are way too short, and there are some monster sentences too. But I guess that's what all my blog entries would be like if I had a laptop and I could sit in bed typing them...basically, me going off on a tangent every few minutes. Actually, I could blame it on sickness. I was delirious, dammit! I wasn't really sure what to set the post date/time as, but I put it so it matched with my writing yesterday. Do read guts though, I mean, you might end up on the floor if you're really squeamish, but err, probably not.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 pm, Blogger Emlyn said…

    Cold? It ain't cold! It's beautiful outside, and so much easier to sleep at night!

    Oh, and the blog... it looks fine. That's what a blog should look like, if you ask me. (You didn't.) Rambling is good. And yes--the laptop _does_ make it easier!

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Miss Waffle said…

    Now even colder. BRR!! You cannot deny that it wasn't cold today. It was freezing!

    I wanna ask a question about using underscores-are they meant to emphasise a word when it isn't possible to bold/italicise something? I've seen lots of people doing it and at first I thought it was typing errors, but now I'm really not sure.

    I mean, I'm _really_not sure.

    Does that work?

    Waffley x

     
  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Emlyn said…

    Cold? Ha! My students were all shivering and moaning, and I was bouncing around outside, loving the crisp, refreshing air... seriously, I love this weather. Especially after a heavy rain, when that damned humidity finally clears away. It's just so _refreshing_, you know?

    ^_-

    (Yes, that was meant to show italics. I can't be bothered to type in the HTML tag (which I always mess up anyway) so I go with the basics... underscore on each side shows italics or adds emphasis. It's a bit like going, 'like gosh, he was just so damn *cool*, ya know?' but the asterix thing always struck me as a bit... girly, somehow. (Sorry!))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home