How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Thursday, March 24, 2005

All hail Gmail!

I got a Gmail account today...Yay! It's nothing spectacular, but I just like the idea of having something that not everyone else can. Ok, stupid comment-I've got lots of things that other people might not be able to have, but meh, I know what I mean. I LOVE the idea of not having to delete stuff though, and you can have .'s in your email, which I've always preferred to underscores.

"No conversations in the trash. Who needs to delete when you have 1000 MB of storage?!"
That's what it says when you go into the trash can. Cool, eh? Also, emails are like "conversations", and you add labels to them, which are like folders. That way, you can sort all your emails very efficiently. Perfect for organisation freaks-I love cataloguing stuff, when I can be bothered.

Made a tarte tatin today-for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's this French flan like thing, with carmelised apples, except with the pastry on top when you bake it. When you turn it out, the pastry is the base and you've got a nice appley topping. Big step for me in terms of baking, as I've never had any real experience with pastry before. I also did a bit of gardening with ma mere. We've got lots of frogspawn in our pond now, plus red (yes, RED) frogs. So cute!

(damn, this entry is getting more and more boring by the minute).

This Lexical questionnaire is pretty funky too. I find languages differences funny. Come on, who calls a see-saw a "teeter-totter"...weird.

I was meant to be doing myself a revision plan today...I'll have to force myself to do one tomorrow. Sometimes I have to disconnect the broadband in fear of me going on to the computer to do work, and then getting distracted by the internet.

I'm off to get a film now. Ta ta!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:37 pm, Blogger Lady said…

    i've always used teeter-totter. so there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home