How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Sunday, April 10, 2005

What day is it again?

Hmm, I don't think I have much to say about my week. I think if I say "first week back after the Easter holidays", that speaks for itself.

Monday-well, we all know what was going on then (woops, am I talking in schitzo plurals again?).
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday-crappy lessons.
Saturday-I did sweet F.A.
Sunday-I took a little trip to the cinema and saw Htich. It was an alright film, funny in most parts, not funny in a few parts that were intended to be.

I think I just suceeded in making that the most boring fucking weekly summary on earth. Oh dear, I swore. Sorry about that, I'm in a bit of a sweary mood.

I did accquire a digital camera from a friend today. I borrowed it to take pictures of my textiles artefact on Wednesday, but I've been taking advantage of the surprisingly nice weather and attempting to take arty shots out in the garden. I got a few nice ones of my cats, flowers and shoes. Tomorrow I've promised myself that I'm going to go out and take some pictures of this amazing graffiti which I pass going home from school. That sounds awfully sad, but it really is the best thing I've ever seen drawn on a wall. Makes a change from messy tags sprayed on practically everything you see. That's probably why it's been there for about 4 months now and hasn't been painted over. Incidentally, I will be SO pissed if I go over there and find some bastard has mutilated or removed it during my absence. I'll be sure to post the pics though, even if they are of an empty wall.

I have also reluctantly made myself a revision plan which will probably start on Monday. The operative word being "probably". It's really hard to just start something which you know is going to equal 3 months of hell. Then, hopefully, good exam results at the end of it all. So I should give it a try.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 pm, Blogger Emlyn said…

    Does it bother you at all, growing up in an urban environment where any free space seems up for grabs for tagging, graffiti, vandalism and defacing? Don't get me wrong: some stuff's pretty awesome. But so much of it is crap, and ugly, and shows an utter contempt for others and the space they all share. Is it urban artistic expression? And overboiling of frustration and resentment? Or just ignorance and idiocy?

     
  • At 6:49 pm, Blogger Miss Waffle said…

    It bothers me a little bit, but I've lived here so long, I hardly notice it. I'm not usually a fan of graffiti at all, but look at the pics. How can you not love it?!

    Quite simply, the majority of it is people being stupid and having fun defacing things. When I look at some tag on the wall, I don't know who the hell did it. And I wouldn't want to, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home