How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Sunday, February 20, 2005

You could be my unintended...

I'm sad today. I've been reading a blog belonging to a substitute teacher (yes, I did say TEACHER) in my school and he's moved it. I think too many people found out about it and left stupid comments. I was hoping to carry on reading it until he left, and then I could send him a "Ha ha ha" email.

I did some more touristy things yesterday with ma cousine. In the early afternoon we went to Covent Garden, which is my favourite place to visit, because of all the crazy street performers and fun shops :D The station was so packed that my aunt said we should "Take the stairs". I was going to protest, but then I thought, what the hell, 196 steps (or however many) doesn't seem like that much. IT WAS. I swear, I almost collapsed, and the fact that it was a spiral staircase made it even worse. If you ever go to Covent Garden and think about taking the stairs to avoid the crowds, DON'T. After the terrible stair climbing ordeal, we went around the shops and then got cookies and milk. Out of all the performers, the best was this tramp. He had a sign made out of polystyrene that said "Crazy Niks Musical Traffic Cone" and he was playing the cone like a trumpet.

After Covent Garden, we went to Harrods (another place I had never been before). I was really only interested in going to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts, because its virtually the only place you can buy them near to me, but walking around was kinda fun. I saw an Armani silk rose with a safety pin attatched to it being sold for £109. And there was perfume that you could put on in the toilets. I finally got my Krispy Kremes (2 original, 1 chocolate cake cruller, 1 glazed kreme filled and one powdered blueberry filled)-they are so yummy. The only complaint I had about the powdered blueberry is that it was a bit too powdery, and made me gag, but still yummy.

I also watched my Trigger Happy TV DVD for the hundreth time.

That will never stop being funny. I also think the soundtrack is great...whenever I hear "Unintended" by Muse, I think of a snail on a zebra crossing.

Rapid change of subject, but this morning, my mum was complaining about pizza delivery leaflets coming through our door. I've stuck a sign outside now that reads:
I am lactose intolerant and cannot eat pizza. Until you invent some cheesy pizza that does not contain milk, please do not give me anymore leaflets.
And then its got a picture of a pizza, with a line through it, and YUCK!!!!! next to it. Its been 4 hours so far, and no leaflets, so it must be working.

I found this great website yesterday, Overheard in New York. Its basically people posting in stuff that they've overheard other people saying.
Trendy: I'd like a swiss burger, and, instead of fries, can I subsitute soup?
Waiter: No
Trendy: Ok, it was just a suggestion.
Waiter: Great. You can have it that way when you open your own restaurant.

And also:
Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!
Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

Hee hee...I always like overhearing funny things, but then I forget them. Lots of things happen daily on the bus, when I'm going to and from school. There was once this incident with an American woman who got on the bus with her dog, and then the bus driver asked her to get off, and she wouldn't. Another funny one was when a lady with a pushchair ran over an old lady's foot :P I guess I need a little notebook that I can pull out and start recording dialogue whenever something happens. Hey, its entertainment for people who aren't plugged into ipods.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:49 pm, Blogger Ukatoton said…

    Nice blog. I like the idea of the anti-pizza sticker on the door. I once did put a "give blood" sticker to get jehova's witnesses to stop knocking, and I've just realised how racist that sounded. It fell off a while ago though.

    Nice blog, I'd like to read some of theose converstaions. Maybe the "things people said" section of www.rinkworks.com would amuse you.

     
  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger Miss Waffle said…

    Thanks for the site :D Funny stuff. I was going to ask a question about links...how did you get a 'my links' section on the sidebar of your blog? I've tried looking at help, but the page does not tell you where in the template to paste the links thingy. Sorry if I'm not making sense, I also don't know if there's any saying this here because its not like you're going to return to see what I've said. Unless you do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home