How many days have I got left?

Wasting my life away, one day at a time...

Thursday, February 17, 2005

First impressions are never misleading

Ha. I finally got a blog, after vowing that I would never, ever start writing a blog, because they are so undeniably boring. I guess blogger has won, seeing as I'm sitting here typing into this Entry box. If it wasn't for that pesky internet, I wouldn't be here right now. I'd probably be out keeping the streets clean or warning people of the dangers of feeding bread to goats (which causes bloat and can be FATAL!). Hang your head in shame.

A little thing called boredom might have had something to do with it aswell. But I can push that aside for a while.

I don't know what I'm ment to write for my first entry...being the uncreative person I am, I had a look at what others wrote. Most of it was crap-"what I did today", etc etc---"And then for lunch, I had these really sweeeet choccy brownies, they were like $35/£35/€35/35 whatevers each but sooo tasty. Ashleigh wouldn't lend me the money, what a biatch! Anyway, laters people, luv ya, *smoochies*"Retch.

I've got loads more stereotypes where that came from, but we'll save that for next time.Another thing, why do people always put what music they are listening to? Ever heard of silence?...or maybe they just stick it on to block out the voices in their head telling them to spend more money at starbucks. I dunno. Me and my brother have opposite music tastes, so we have this deal that we won't plague each other with our crap sounds while we are in the same room. Yah, I know headphones exist, but they are currently somewhere that I can't reach. Well, blogger doesn't have that feature, but livejournal does. I signed up for livejournal first, and then realised they layouts are sicko, so I switched to here. I suppose I'll just give up on one of my blogs soon. But until then, copying, pasting and editing is good.

I read a quote by someone, somewhere: livejournal™ -- "when everyone has stopped listening to you, but you still feel like talking". Applies to all blogs probably. I never really started talking. But I guess it's pretty accurate for most people. I don't really care if anyone reads this or not. I suppose I just like to write stuff, and at least when I read it back, I'll be reassured by the fact that I can punctuate sentences properly, and I can also check up on past moodswings of mine. Taking trips down memory lane are fun. I don't ever read peoples blogs, because they are mostly boring, unless you have some kind of connection with that person. But leave me a comment, and I might make an exception and read yours. Or not. I am currently reading a blog that is written by someone at my school, which is very entertaining. The personal info. revealed in there is unreal...

I think I'm about to wrap it up there...at least I succeeded in not mentioning anything about my day. Ughhh, my username sucks. Oh well.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:48 pm, Blogger Cliff said…

    I think you've got the hang of it already. I saw your comment on bridgsitter and you're right. Leaving comments makes you follow to see who wrote it.

     
  • At 2:13 am, Blogger bridgesitter said…

    So Hi there Waffle, do you really need help figuring out this link system? I mean I can go into the explanation as best I can, if you've read any of my other stuff you'll see my explanations get kind of confusing. Plus I use way too many words to say what I'm trying to say. See? So let me know okay?

     
  • At 5:31 pm, Blogger Ralph said…

    I really felt the same when I was encouraged to start. Then I realized I am really doing it for me. If someone reads it fine. If someone is kinf enough to leave a comment - OH HAPPY DAYS. Welcome to blogging.

    Ralph

     
  • At 8:27 pm, Blogger Miss Waffle said…

    Booyah!!! 3 comments!!!!!

    Obviously, I couldn't care less though. Duh.

    Thanks :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home